A new prospective webcasting client reached out to us the other day and they were pretty down in the dumps. And by “down in the dumps”, I mean really really mad. They had to send out an embarrassing email to a massive list of customers and peers apologizing for them not being able to join their webinar event earlier in the day. The reason? Due to a large number of attendees their webinar platform maxed out and couldn’t handle anymore guests. OH. MY. LORD! You’ve got to be kidding me!
The inherent goal of hosting these awesome events is to get as many people in the seats as possible….and they were just about to do that. Then the technology failed them. The immediate bandaid that they had to put on this issue was to host a second, third, and possibly fourth “rerun” of the same event to accommodate the massive audience. That isn’t ideal for multiple reasons. But now, the Lighthouse team is working on a fix! We’re going to tear off that bandaid and give them what they really need. Large event webcasting with our White Glove Event Team that will easily handle the big crowds they’re drawing.
If you follow our blog, you’ve probably read a cool post by our CEO, Marc Gutman, that explains why we love to hear that you already have Citrix GoToMeeting. Essentially, he’s saying that GoTo and WebEx are popular options for your everyday calls, similar to Skype, Google Hangouts, iMeet, and the others. But they are really just a single platform with different wrappers depending on your needs. Whereas Lighthouse specializes in virtual environments, virtual tradeshows, the most important webcasts, and white-glove Operator Assisted Conferencing events. That’s our niche! That’s why we get out of bed every morning!
So it wasn’t surprising at all when this prospect called and told us about this embarrassing turn of events. After bringing them back from the ledge we started down the road of our proven process, and had a great discovery meeting. We listened as they explained their goals, their needs, their “must haves” for these events. For Lighthouse it’s critical to sit back and simply listen. We learn so much by allowing our clients to open up and tell us what they’re passionate about and what’s important to them. From there we’re able to make the perfect recommendation and implement the right solution. In this case, our high capacity webcasting platform combined with our White Glove Event Team to run the event will be the perfect fit.
We’re seeing more and more of this everyday. The need for growing companies to host large events with no participant max. They’re not sure if 2,000 people are going to show up or 10,000 people. But the point is with Lighthouse we have them covered! Combining cutting edge high capacity webcasting with our White Glove Event Team allows Lighthouse to ensure that your most important events are a success. If you’ve ever had a cool experience on an event hosted by a Lighthouse solution, tell us about it in the comments below.
Ready to move on from your “day-to-day” webcasting platform and start hosting great events with the pros?
- Lighthouse is Helping People Retire on Time! - October 4, 2016
- Lighthouse Is Making Webcasting Easier Than Ever - August 19, 2016
- Protecting Your Privacy In Virtual Environment Conferencing HR Open Enrollment Fairs - August 10, 2016
- A dollar more (vs. a dollar less)…Lighthouse style - July 25, 2016
- How Lighthouse and Google are Involved With Cars That Talk to Each Other and Drive Themselves - June 30, 2016
- What do you do when WebEx and GoToWebinar webcasting services can’t handle your large events? - June 20, 2016
- “Craft Events” with Lighthouse – Why Lighthouse is the Craft Brewer of Virtual Events - May 30, 2016
- “Craft Events” with Lighthouse - May 26, 2016
- Live Webcasting Allows Non-Profit Organizations To Increase Exposure - May 9, 2016
- Bring Industry Experts To Your Virtual Trade Shows With Live-Streaming, Part II – “How” - May 2, 2016