Content is great for boosting your rankings in the search engines and, if you’re capable of making truly valuable content, you can use it to generate leads for your business.
Yet too many people think of “content” as blog posts or, at most, some custom images or infographics. The truth is, almost everything is content, including webinars. Think about it – your webinar presentation is educational and, if it’s done right, meaningful to the people or businesses that would make your best customers.
Capturing their information and moving them further down the funnel is easier said than done, however.
Here’s a few tricks to make your webinar truly useful for your company and its objectives:
Make It Easy To Register
Yes, you eventually want to get some details about your webinar attendees beyond their name and email address, but the fewer fields you require on your webinar registration form, the more likely you are to get that form submitted. Use your webinar follow-up emails to drive past attendees back to your site to gated content that asks for the details you need to qualify and ultimately convert them.
In your “Thank you for registering!” page, let registrants know to expect an email from your business and to add your email address to their Safe Sender list to keep notifications from ending up in their spam folders. Send a few reminders before the webinar, then follow-up after with links to related content and the presentation slidedeck. Use the webinar reminder emails to subtly build brand value – add links to related blog content on your site, past slidedecks, future webinars, etc…
Give Them Something
This could be a free trial, certificate of completion, or the chance to win something, like a plush version of your company mascot, maybe. Time is valuable so make it obvious that there is true value in attending the webinar, and make it clear up front to encourage registrations.
Have A Post-Webinar Strategy
There’s a lot you can do here. Make your slidedeck available for download and easy to share via email and social media. Add attendees to an email list about future webinars. If you got a phone number via your registration form, hey, maybe give them a call some time. The point is, simply pulling off the webinar can seem like the victory, but the truth is that it’s only the beginning.
- Happy Holidays from Lighthouse Conferencing! - December 21, 2016
- Video or audio? Live or part-recorded? Time for a teleconference tune-up – IR Magazine - September 1, 2016
- How Does Lighthouse Conferencing Make Your Big Ideas Shine? - May 16, 2016
- The Secret to Big Ideas - May 12, 2016
- Why It’s Great that You Already Have a Conferencing Provider - May 4, 2016
- Why We Love to Hear That You Already Have Citrix GoToMeeting - May 4, 2016
- Building a Virtual Event is Like Building a House - April 11, 2016
- Team Collaboration: Reducing “Noise” in Your Company Inbox - April 4, 2016
- Tips for a successful earnings call - January 11, 2016
- Say Goodbye to Bad Meetings - January 8, 2016