Since I have all our services at my disposal, I often get asked, given all the options, what do I use. Now, this is a little bit like asking a waiter at a restaurant “what do you like?”. You have no idea if the waiter is a vegetarian, doesn’t like cilantro, or has a similar like/dislike palate as you. Conferencing services are the same way – they can be very personal to the user and the specific task or application at hand. At Lighthouse Conferencing we make sure to ask these important questions and really find out what your goals and expectations are – then we match the appropriate audio, web, and video services to help you meet and exceed those goals.
That being said, as of posting time, here’s what I’m using and why:
1. Lighthouse Reservationless Conferencing. Far and away the #1 service I use day in day out. It’s simple, rock solid, and effective. Visuals add a whole new level to a meeting but visuals don’t really do much if you don’t have audio. Plus it’s easy to do on the road, in the car, where ever you are, Lighthouse Reservationless Conferencing is there.
2. Adobe Connect. I like the simplicity of the interface and it’s compatibility across many operating systems. Participants seldom have trouble entering meetings and hosts seem to pick it up quicker than other web conferencing platforms. The visuals take your meeting to the next level and right now, no other solution delivers streaming video like Adobe Connect. I’m really looking forward to the upgrade that’s coming out shortly.
3. Video Conferencing: right now we find ourselves using the video in Adobe Connect or using a room rental. However, we are looking at several emerging technologies and one that has us very intrigued is a desktop video solution called Vidyo. Vidyo employs a Scalable Video Codec (SVC) which delivers and HD video experience at your computer — and the cost is right too! We are hoping to add this to our suite of services so stay tuned.
So there you have it. But remember, just because this is what I’m using, it may not be right for you. Give us a call and our meeting experts at Lighthouse Conferencing will be able to recommend the best solution for your needs.
- Happy Holidays from Lighthouse Conferencing! - December 21, 2016
- Video or audio? Live or part-recorded? Time for a teleconference tune-up – IR Magazine - September 1, 2016
- How Does Lighthouse Conferencing Make Your Big Ideas Shine? - May 16, 2016
- The Secret to Big Ideas - May 12, 2016
- Why It’s Great that You Already Have a Conferencing Provider - May 4, 2016
- Why We Love to Hear That You Already Have Citrix GoToMeeting - May 4, 2016
- Building a Virtual Event is Like Building a House - April 11, 2016
- Team Collaboration: Reducing “Noise” in Your Company Inbox - April 4, 2016
- Tips for a successful earnings call - January 11, 2016
- Say Goodbye to Bad Meetings - January 8, 2016