I would have to say the number one objection I hear from new users of web and video conferencing is: “This is nice technology but I do my best work in person, face-to-face.” or “This just isn’t the same as an in person meeting.” I’d have to agree. There really is nothing quite like the connections you can make – professional or personal – when siting in the same physical room with someone. It’s this ability to connect which is our very human essence. And no matter how technologically advanced we become as a society we need to connect with other people on this very unique level. Yet, how many times have you had the best business trip of your career, flown home, and then a month late wonder what happened? Did we really not hit if off in that room? Did I misread the buying signs? I wish I could meet with my customer at least once a week until we get this project off the ground?
While audio, web, and video conferencing won’t replace the face-to-face meeting, without a doubt these tools enhance those face-to-face visits. Think about pre-qualifying your prospects with audio and webconferencing before you book that next road trip. How much more efficient would your sales cycle be if you could visit with 100% qualified prospects? Many of our customers like to supplement their face-to-face meetings and road trips with an audio and web conference. If they situation warrants, like a cross country job interview or legal deposition, true HD video conferencing is litterally the next best thing to being there.
Find ways to strengthen your connections by gaining more mind-share with your customers. If you supplement your road trips with remote meetings your customers will recognize the additional value you bring and the gap between you and your competition will widen in your favor. Lighthouse Conferencing can advise you on the best ways to enhance your face-to-face relationships and add more revenue to your bottom line. At Lighthouse, it truly is about your meetings. Illuminated.
- Happy Holidays from Lighthouse Conferencing! - December 21, 2016
- Video or audio? Live or part-recorded? Time for a teleconference tune-up – IR Magazine - September 1, 2016
- How Does Lighthouse Conferencing Make Your Big Ideas Shine? - May 16, 2016
- The Secret to Big Ideas - May 12, 2016
- Why It’s Great that You Already Have a Conferencing Provider - May 4, 2016
- Why We Love to Hear That You Already Have Citrix GoToMeeting - May 4, 2016
- Building a Virtual Event is Like Building a House - April 11, 2016
- Team Collaboration: Reducing “Noise” in Your Company Inbox - April 4, 2016
- Tips for a successful earnings call - January 11, 2016
- Say Goodbye to Bad Meetings - January 8, 2016