In today’s world, many businesses are short on staff and tight on money. Businesses are being forced to answer questions like, “Who is going to give a presentation in New York and Seattle in the same day?” And, “Do we have the budget for airfare and a hotel stay in Los Angeles?” Conferencing picks up where these questions leave off and is becoming increasingly popular because of five little reasons:
Cost Savings: Businesses can save more than 30 percent each year by reducing travel and web conferencing instead.
Options: Conferencing offers a wide variety of different options such as video conferencing, web conferencing, audio conferencing, and file sharing. This makes it easy to conduct a meeting outside of the office. And with services such as Lighthouse’s on-demand offerings, you can attend a meeting on-the-go.
Going Green: America’s 130 million workers generate 1.68 metric tons of CO2 per year through commuting, business travel, computer use and other related activities. Now more than ever, companies are striving to be green. They can help reduce their carbon footprint by cutting back on air and road travel and conference instead.
Busy Bodies: With employee cutbacks and layoffs, it seems as though employees are wearing more than one hat these days. Conferencing makes it easy for one employee to give a presentation in five different cities in one day without ever leaving the home office, thus doing more with less.
Out of Office: Nearly 32 percent of domestic flights were delayed in 2008 with JFK and O’Hare topping the list as the worst airports in the United States (U.S. Travel Association). On the road, stuck in the airport or home sick, you can still attend the important meeting without actually being in the office. This makes it easy for employees to gain access to important discussions.
- Happy Holidays from Lighthouse Conferencing! - December 21, 2016
- Video or audio? Live or part-recorded? Time for a teleconference tune-up – IR Magazine - September 1, 2016
- How Does Lighthouse Conferencing Make Your Big Ideas Shine? - May 16, 2016
- The Secret to Big Ideas - May 12, 2016
- Why It’s Great that You Already Have a Conferencing Provider - May 4, 2016
- Why We Love to Hear That You Already Have Citrix GoToMeeting - May 4, 2016
- Building a Virtual Event is Like Building a House - April 11, 2016
- Team Collaboration: Reducing “Noise” in Your Company Inbox - April 4, 2016
- Tips for a successful earnings call - January 11, 2016
- Say Goodbye to Bad Meetings - January 8, 2016