“How Do Ideas become BIG Ideas?”
If anyone knew the answer to this they’d have the proverbial secret sauce.
Well, I know how some big ideas grow and I’m going to share it with you in this blog. So keep reading!
But before I spill the beans let me give you some context.
At Lighthouse Conferencing our core purpose, our mission, our WHY is to change the world one BIG IDEA at a time.
Sounds crazy right? Even when I write that sentence I get all tingly and nervous. I ask myself “What the…?” But it’s not as crazy when you really think about it. The only things that really change our world, improve our lives, make us smile, or carry us forward are big ideas.
Whether that idea was some crazy dude who thought of self-driving cars or an ambitious woman who thought, “Wouldn’t it be awesome if I could train 1,000 people from my own office and get better results?”. By the way, both of these big ideas exist and the team at Lighthouse is actively involved in helping to communicate those big ideas right now.
There it is folks. Changing the world. One Big Idea at a time.
We are so passionate about Big Ideas that we even created what we call a Manifesto.
Manifesto sounds so Red Square but it’s effect is undeniable. It states who we are and what we believe.
When was the last time your event collaboration partner stood up and shared who they are? My guess is never. Most people in our space are faceless corporations that are looking to meet stockholder expectations — which typically equates to sell more widgets no matter the cost.
But what if your event communications partner asked: “What if Your Idea Had No Boundaries?”
We know that sharing a big idea is hard. Especially when your audience is dispersed, large, and distracted.
When’s the last time your event collaboration partner has said the following?
- “We want to work with people that have BIG things to say.”
- “We fall in love with the BIG IDEAS our clients have.”
- “We get pumped when we’re part of your BIGGEST CONVERSATIONS!”
The answer is never unless your partner is Lighthouse Conferencing. I know that to be fact.
I promised that I’d share a secret. A secret that’s going to sound overly simple, but it’s true:
All big ideas originally start as small ideas.
It’s a spark. It’s a kernel of an idea. Most of the time it’s not even fully formed.
But that’s the thing about a spark. It can turn into an ember. When it is stoked and has time to breathe it gets bigger.
Another secret to big ideas? They grow when you share them. There is power in our words, our thoughts, our hopes, our dreams, our ideas. Good ideas can’t help themselves. Their only enemy is silence. If you can’t share your idea, how can it grow? How can that spark turn into a big idea? A world changing idea?
It can’t. Your voice needs to be heard. Your idea must be shared.
But it’s not enough these days to climb to the mountaintop and shout how brilliant you are. Presentation matters.
Ideas that are shared in engaging ways bring heat like gas on a fire. Ideas that are shared in attention grabbing ways make a difference. Ideas that are shared with many people, in ways that are accessible and fascinating change the world. One Big Idea at a time.
Turn Your Ideas into Big Ideas Now
- Happy Holidays from Lighthouse Conferencing! - December 21, 2016
- Video or audio? Live or part-recorded? Time for a teleconference tune-up – IR Magazine - September 1, 2016
- How Does Lighthouse Conferencing Make Your Big Ideas Shine? - May 16, 2016
- The Secret to Big Ideas - May 12, 2016
- Why It’s Great that You Already Have a Conferencing Provider - May 4, 2016
- Why We Love to Hear That You Already Have Citrix GoToMeeting - May 4, 2016
- Building a Virtual Event is Like Building a House - April 11, 2016
- Team Collaboration: Reducing “Noise” in Your Company Inbox - April 4, 2016
- Tips for a successful earnings call - January 11, 2016
- Say Goodbye to Bad Meetings - January 8, 2016