In our last blog post we talked about the reasons WHY you need an operator assisted conference call. So now, you’ve had that lightbulb moment because a number of those nightmare conferencing stories sounded all too familiar….and you’re ready to take charge of your conferencing life!
But wait….you just Googled “operator assisted conference call” and a smorgasbord (yes, smorgasbord!) of providers came up all claiming to be the “#1 Op Assist Provider”. How can that be?
Is running a successful operator assisted conference call so easy that every player out there is killing it and getting A+ ratings nonstop? No….quite the opposite in fact.
Choosing which company to trust with these important meetings is less about finding which “provider” paid the most SEO dollars to get their listing at the top of Google’s search engines, and more about finding the “partner” that listens to your needs, understands your goals, and executes a dynamic operator assisted conference call. There are a number of very important factors that go into choosing the right fit for your “can’t miss” conference calls. In this post we will discuss those key characteristics that your partner must be able to provide so you can be armed to make the best decision for your organization.
Operator assisted conference calls are inherently different than reservationless conferencing in almost every way. It is very much a human business driven by interaction, collaboration, coordination and finally execution between the conferencing partner and the client. Think of an operator assisted conference call as live theater….essentially carrying the tone and delivering the crafted messaging of the client’s organization. From the moment the operator greets each individual participant, through the introduction and Q&A, and all the way to the end for the outro and good bye’s, the lead operator should have the ability to be confident, poised, friendly, and most importantly, have a full understanding of the purpose of the call and how to execute it.
Expect The Unexpected
The old Scottish saying, “best-laid plans of mice and men oft go astray”, holds true in our daily lives, but also very much so in operator assisted conferencing as well. A speaker gets disconnected, there’s static on one of the participant lines, for some reason the moderator can’t see the live view of the call anymore. These things happen! And this is where “the men are separated from the mice”. (Ok, I’m done with “mice” references now). The lead operator, or operators on larger calls, have to be able to swoop in and problem solve on the fly. Not only do they need to get the CEO back on the call in seconds, but they simultaneously need to communicate the situation to the participants in a calm and concise manner. This may sound easy, but juggling multiple balls at once in a high pressure situation with zero time to rectify the issue is a major skill! And if your conferencing partner doesn’t have lead operators with years of professional experience putting out fires quickly and painlessly then that fire is going to burn for a while and melt your call.
When you’re hosting an operator assisted conference call the operators become part of your team for those 2, 3, 4 hours. They’re brand ambassadors, speaking your company’s words in your company’s tone….and everything they do and say is in support of your goal for this call. Whether this is an international Investor Relations call where the tone will be very professional and serious in nature, a PR tour for a celebrity where there’s a buzz and excitement level to maintain, or a friendly non-profit organization’s big announcement, the meeting begins and ends with your lead operator and they set the tone. The good ones….the best ones….know the situation and the organization and adapt to make it a success.
White Glove Service
Make no mistake about it….operator assisted conferencing is not the cheapest option for holding your next meeting. But it is the best….and that is what’s most important when you have been tasked with putting together a “can’t miss” conference call by your boss. With the right conferencing partner, you will have at your disposal a white glove service with a dedicated operations team that is available 24/7 to set up your call with any and all of the bells and whistles that you need. Event registration and tracking, pre-conference room with separate dial-in numbers for speakers, dial outs to the big shots, international translation….these may sound like lipstick on a pig, but you’d be surprised how useful and valuable they are to a moderator who needs to pull this off. All of these services, and more below, should be commonplace for your operator assisted conferencing partner.
A few other important features and services you want to make sure are available from your partner include:
- Security: The ability to provide your operator with a pre-approved list of attendees so unwanted attendees cannot join. The same is true for media…operators can make sure no media enter your call as well.
- Timeliness/Responsiveness: You shouldn’t have to wait hours to be able to set up or make changes to your operator assisted conference call. Lighthouse Conferencing provides a dedicated Account Manager that you can reach directly with your call details and they will get everything set up quickly and easily.
- Features: Make sure your partner provides all in-call and post call features with a quick 24 hour turnaround without hidden fees. Services include: recording, transcription, participant list, comm line, live view, intro, name transcribers, and more)
Hopefully this has helped clear up the muddy waters that resulted from your initial Google search for an operator assisted conference call partner. At Lighthouse Conferencing we get it…and the proof is in the pudding. We can say we’re the best, we can pay to have a top Google ranking…but none of that matters if we don’t deliver when it counts. And that is why our clients, both huge and tiny, have partnered with Lighthouse for their most important calls. And why they choose our operator assisted conference platform to do so.
To learn more or to give us a try for your next call, click here. We look forward to working with you!
To turn blah conference calls into WOW conference calls now
- Lighthouse is Helping People Retire on Time! - October 4, 2016
- Lighthouse Is Making Webcasting Easier Than Ever - August 19, 2016
- Protecting Your Privacy In Virtual Environment Conferencing HR Open Enrollment Fairs - August 10, 2016
- A dollar more (vs. a dollar less)…Lighthouse style - July 25, 2016
- How Lighthouse and Google are Involved With Cars That Talk to Each Other and Drive Themselves - June 30, 2016
- What do you do when WebEx and GoToWebinar webcasting services can’t handle your large events? - June 20, 2016
- “Craft Events” with Lighthouse – Why Lighthouse is the Craft Brewer of Virtual Events - May 30, 2016
- “Craft Events” with Lighthouse - May 26, 2016
- Live Webcasting Allows Non-Profit Organizations To Increase Exposure - May 9, 2016
- Bring Industry Experts To Your Virtual Trade Shows With Live-Streaming, Part II – “How” - May 2, 2016