Even though we live in Colorado and spend as much time in our majestic mountains as possible all of us at Lighthouse Conferencing LOVE our oceans and the ecosystems within. So we are very happy to announce that, as part of our ongoing commitment to 1% For the Planet — you can read about that commitment HERE — we have made another donation. This time to the Bonefish and Tarpon Trust: www.tarbone.org.
In addition to being passionate about collaboration, many of us at Lighthouse are also avid fisherman. So it would make sense that one of our favorite winter pastimes is to travel to the warmer corners of the globe in order to connect with elusive bonefish and tarpon that roam the mystical saltwater flats. Like most sportsmen, we quickly fell in love with the fish we were seeking and now feel responsible to protect them, their habitat, and their legacy. We also know that by helping out the bonefish and the tarpon we are helping to preserve the entire ocean. We’re not just fisherman. We surf, swim, paddle, sail, kite, and dive in the great oceans of our world. We feed of their every present energy and welcome the recharge of our souls whenever we have an opportunity. We realize that while the oceans are massive they are still a finite resource and we are committed to doing anything we can to preserve their health and beauty.
We feel that there is no better steward of our oceans, tidal flats, and wild salty places than the Bonefish and Tarpon Trust and are proud to be able to contribute to their work. If you’re interested in bonefishing or tarpon fishing or just love our ocean and flats please consider joining. It’s a great and very worthwhile organization.
You can read more about the Bonefish and Tarpon Trust’s conservation efforts HERE.
The Bonefish and Tarpon Trust Mission is as follows:
To conserve and enhance global bonefish, tarpon and permit fisheries and their environments through stewardship, research, education and advocacy, as well as:
- Serving as a repository for information and knowledge related to the life cycle, behavior and well being of bonefish, tarpon and permit.
- Nurturing and enhancing bonefish, tarpon, and permit populations.
- Supporting research on bonefish, tarpon, and permit behavior and life cycles, and on bonefish, tarpon, and permit fisheries.
- Providing educational material to the public and fishermen
- Working with regulatory authorities and the public to ensure that the laws protecting these species are enforced
- Interacting with government agencies to assist in the management and regulations related to bonefish and tarpon.
We look forward to announcing our next round of donations in 2013. As always, Lighthouse Conferencing is the ONLY audio conferencing, web conferencing, video conferencing, and webcasting provider who has made a public AND monetary commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to environmental causes through their relationship with 1% for the Planet. Just another reason Lighthouse Conferencing is a different kind of conferencing company.
- Happy Holidays from Lighthouse Conferencing! - December 21, 2016
- Video or audio? Live or part-recorded? Time for a teleconference tune-up – IR Magazine - September 1, 2016
- How Does Lighthouse Conferencing Make Your Big Ideas Shine? - May 16, 2016
- The Secret to Big Ideas - May 12, 2016
- Why It’s Great that You Already Have a Conferencing Provider - May 4, 2016
- Why We Love to Hear That You Already Have Citrix GoToMeeting - May 4, 2016
- Building a Virtual Event is Like Building a House - April 11, 2016
- Team Collaboration: Reducing “Noise” in Your Company Inbox - April 4, 2016
- Tips for a successful earnings call - January 11, 2016
- Say Goodbye to Bad Meetings - January 8, 2016