Whoa! What a year! I can’t really believe that 2012 has come and is nearly gone. As the year comes to a close the Lighthouse Conferencing team would like to wish the very best to you and your families during the holiday season.
This time of year always prompts us to reflect on the year we’ve had and the upcoming year we hope to have. I’d have to say that we’ve had our best year yet at Lighthouse Conferencing. It’s my goal to say this every year going forward but for now, I’m happy to be saying it as 2012 comes to a close. While we continue to focus on providing the best conferencing and collaboration solutions possible customer service has always been a top priority. Our customers have spoken loud and clear and have let us know that our value comes from our people and our support and we hope to raise the bar even higher in 2013!
If there was a theme to 2012 at Lighthouse Conferencing it had to be the “big idea!”. We took a look at not only the technology we provide but they kind of company we strive to be. 2012 saw many big changes and enhancements, which included:
- Our commitment to our environment through 1% for The Planet. 1% of all our revenues go to environmental causes that we believe in. A portion of this year’s contributions went to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation www.rmef.org, The Bonefish & Tarpon Trust www.tarbone.org, and we are finalizing the remaining contributions for 2012. Let us know if you have any ideas! You can read all about WHY we are 1% members HERE. The press release announcing our commitment is HERE.
- In June, we sent out issue #1 of our “Bright Ideas” Newsletter. The goal of this monthly email is to keep our customers and fans informed as well as provide food for thought on changes our customers would like to see. We have a very simple philosophy on business – we’re here because of you, our customers, and want to make the Lighthouse experience what you want – not what we want. We hope that you’ve enjoyed our newsletter and we plan on keeping it informative and fresh in 2013. If you missed one of our newsletters we always post them on our news and events page for your review.
- Throughout 2012 we continued to evaluate our solutions and services – we always take a hard look at what we’re offering in order to ensure our service and our pricing is the most competitive in the business. We began partnerships in the Microsoft Unified Communications space and also now offer comprehensive tie ins for Adobe Connect into Salesforce. As collaboration begins to “bleed” into other areas of communication and the ways we accomplish our business goals, Lighthouse will continue to add services and solutions where possible.
- Internally we often talk about “WOWING” our customers. We don’t expose it too much in our marketing or how we communicate, but it’s a very clear mandate within the company. Wow the customer, nothing else will do. Part of this ability to “WOW” is in our culture, it’s what we look for in new hires, in suppliers, in anyone or organization that we come in contact with. We also believe that the core of company is NOT technology but people. Our customers are people and the true value of our service is our employees, our people. Over the past year we continued to re-invest in the business by adding great members to our client services, sales, operations and marketing teams. We continue to bolster our technology and our back office so that we are always looking forward and never behind. We believe that by always keeping the customer’s best interest at heart, at always trying to see the cusotmer’s perspective, and when in doubt “do right” by our customers, we’ll continue the “WOW” factor in 2013.
If 2012 was the year of the “big idea”, I think 2013 is going to be the year of the “WOW”. Look out for:
- New Services and Solutions to enhance your coporate communications.
- The Lighthouse Collaboration Plan – what’s yours? Do you have one? Let’s make one!
- Monthly webinar series. Our first webinar is going to be on January 29, 2013 and is called the Three Secrets to a Successful Lead Gen Webinar. You’re invited and can register HERE.
- More resources coming to the team. More people to help you get things done. That’s a good thing.
It has been a tremendous year for Lighthouse Conferencing. I used to think that success was all about our bottom line, our revenue goals. This year has been our most successful ever, from a revenue standpoint but it’s funny — That is not the metric that anyone here seems to care about. The one goal, the one thing that drives everyone to come in each day and give their best is exceeding our customers’ expectations. It might sound corny, but it’s true. Our customers have transitioned from “clients” to “friends”. We’ve shared your babies being born, job promotions, training initiatives met and exceeded, record cost savings, improved company culture, kid’s soccer games, and so much more. We are so grateful for the relationships we’ve been lucky enough to form with all of you – our customers.
While we can plan for some things we aren’t totally sure what 2013 will bring, but isn’t that part of the fun? We’re looking forward every minute of it. We thank you from the very bottom of our hearts — Thank you for Choosing Lighthouse Conferencing – it’s you that makes it all possible.
Happy Holidays to you and your families!
The Lighthouse Conferencing Team
- Happy Holidays from Lighthouse Conferencing! - December 21, 2016
- Video or audio? Live or part-recorded? Time for a teleconference tune-up – IR Magazine - September 1, 2016
- How Does Lighthouse Conferencing Make Your Big Ideas Shine? - May 16, 2016
- The Secret to Big Ideas - May 12, 2016
- Why It’s Great that You Already Have a Conferencing Provider - May 4, 2016
- Why We Love to Hear That You Already Have Citrix GoToMeeting - May 4, 2016
- Building a Virtual Event is Like Building a House - April 11, 2016
- Team Collaboration: Reducing “Noise” in Your Company Inbox - April 4, 2016
- Tips for a successful earnings call - January 11, 2016
- Say Goodbye to Bad Meetings - January 8, 2016